Ordering Process (If you still have questions or problems ordering, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call 479-968-4420 M-F 8AM-4PM Central Time):
1. Choose Your Product. Ink pens can be customized and ordered through our website. If you see the photo of the pen you like on our homepage, simply click it and it will take you to that product page. Otherwise, you can click on “Ink Pens” in the menu links to view all available ink pens.
You can also click “All Products” to view an index of all our online products. Baby’s First Year Calendars and Magnetic Notepads can also be purchased through our website. Just choose your appropriate options and add it to your cart!
2. Choose your Quantity. The “Number of Pens” box allows you to select the number of pens you need and will update the listing price. Remember that the price per pen will be less if you purchase more pens at one time. The minimum quantity for ink pens is 30 pens, which is also the base price. The +$xx.xx next to the quantity in the drop down menu indicates the additional cost of increasing the number of pens. You can choose 30, 50, 60, 75, 100, 250, 300, 500, 750, 1,000 pens.
Each package of pens must have the same imprint and same imprint color. If you need a set of pens with different imprint text or imprint color, you can add another item to your cart with the correct options selected. For an additional charge ($20), we can do a mail-merge process if you need different imprints (i.e. names) on each pen. Email us at [email protected] or call 479-968-4420 for more information about mail-merge.
3. Choose your Pen Color. Select the color of pens you want from the “Pen Colors” drop-down window. If you choose mixed colors, please indicate in the “Order Notes” if you want ALL colors or specific ones. If you choose mixed colors and do not specify, we will assume you want all available colors. Ideally, you want a lot of contrast between the pen color and foil imprint color. For example, silver imprint can be read on a yellow barrel, but does not contrast very well for easy reading. Black imprint on a purple pen is the same way. On the other hand, gold or silver foil imprint on a purple pen contrasts well and looks great! These are important points to consider when choosing your pen and foil colors.
4. Choose Trim Color (Stick pens only). If you are purchasing stick pens, you will need to choose a trim color. The trim includes the cap and button end. Stick pens are assembled here at MARVA by our workers after they finish printing the barrels.
5. Choose an Imprint Color. Our machines press colored foil onto the pen barrels. Choose the color of foil you want for your imprint. Keep in mind that lighter colored foil may not stand out as well on lighter pen colors. For example, silver imprint on a transparent yellow pen barrel will be visible, but it will not stand out. Note: White foil causes a lot more misprints that will waste pens. This is why the white foil costs an extra $10 per order.
6. Choose your Font. Select a font from the drop-down menu. If you would like to request more than one font, please choose “Other” from the list, then specify in the “Order Notes” section. For example, the top line could be a large, bold font (Arial Rounded Bold) and the other lines could be a script font (Pacifico). We will do our best to accommodate your request, but some fonts do not print well together. We will let you know if we have any issues with your request.
If you have ordered previously and want to just repeat the order with a font that is not in this current list, just choose “Other” from the font list and let us know in the Order Notes section below. We will look up your previous order info and we will contact you if we have any questions.
If you know the name of a different font other than what is on the list, you can request it in the "Order Notes' section as well. You will still need to choose a font from the list as a backup. We can see if we have the font or something similar. Keep in mind that not all fonts will work with our machines. If you have a question about fonts, feel free to email us at [email protected].
7. Personalized Imprint. Enter the text that you want imprinted on your pens and please specify Line 1, 2, 3, 4. You can have up to 4 lines of text and about 25 characters per line (depending on font and does include spaces). Please check your spelling very carefully. If you want different fonts on each line, please thoroughly explain in the “Order Notes” section.
8. Clipart and Business Logo. Would you like to add a clipart graphic or business logo to your imprint? The default answer is “None.” The charge for simple outline clipart is $10 and a business logo is $35. These are one-time fees and will not need to be added for repeat orders of the same imprint. If you have previously used clipart/logo for an order from MARVA, please select “None” and explain in the order notes. That way you will not be charged again and we can look up your previous order. If you select to add a clipart image or logo, please email the graphic to [email protected] immediately. Business logos need to be of the highest quality JPG (minimum 600 DPI), PDF, EPS, CDR or similar format and need to be black and white. Our machines are limited in the amount of detail that can be imprinted. If we are unable to use the image, the graphics fee will be refunded. We can normally tell right away if it will work or not. If you do not have a particular clipart graphic in mind, let us know what you want and we will do our best to find an appropriate image for your imprint. Clipart images need to be black and white without much detail. A Google search for ‘black and white clipart’ will usually get you started.
9. Is this a RUSH Order? For an additional $20, you can place your order ahead of the rest! It will be completed and shipped out the day AFTER we receive your approval of a digital proof image. For large orders (250+ pens), it may require additional time to ship the order. It is extremely important that you immediately respond to any messages or other communication about your order. If we do not receive a response right away, it could delay your order.
10. Complete Checkout Through PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to make a purchase. Follow the prompts to complete your payment in PayPal's secure environment. If for some reason you need to cancel your order after submitting payment, we will gladly refund the purchase price any time BEFORE we receive your approval of your proof. However, once we begin printing your order, we are unable to offer a refund. Our pens are printed, assembled (as needed), packaged, and shipped by adults with developmental disabilities. As soon as they begin the printing process, we must ensure that we have the money to pay them for their hard work.
11. Proof Approval. Once you have completed your purchase, we will set up your text in our graphics software and email you a digital proof of your imprint. Please reply to our messages as soon as possible to avoid delays with your order. Please note that our office hours are Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM. We will get back to you just as soon as possible. If you do not respond to the proof email after 3 business days, we will consider it approved and print your pens using EXACTLY what you specified for the imprint, even if you have mistyped the information. So please be sure to proofread what you have typed. Only use quotation marks if you want them printed.
12. 5-10 Days for Normal Processing Time. We will process orders in the order that they are received, unless you purchase RUSH ORDER service for an additional $20. This will bump your order to the head of the line and it usually ships out the day AFTER we receive approval of your proof image. Very large orders may take longer. If you need your pens sooner than the normal 5-10 day processing window, a RUSH order fee WILL BE REQUIRED.
13. Standard USPS Priority Mail Shipping. We usually ship using USPS Priority Mail. Larger orders may be shipped by UPS. If you need your order by a specific date, please contact us at [email protected] or call 479-968-4420 (during office hours) right away to confirm that it will be possible to have them completed in time. Keep in mind that our standard USPS Priority Mail shipping can take 1-4 days. We are unable to guarantee a delivery date unless you want to purchase expedited USPS Priority EXPRESS Mail shipping services as well. It would be at least $12+ (depending on size of the shipment) and would only get your package there a day or two sooner anyway. If you want expedited shipping, Please contact us right away so we can send you a separate PayPal invoice for expedited shipping.
14. Problems, Returns, and Refunds. As stated previously, all of our pens are printed, assembled, packaged, and shipped by adults with developmental disabilities. The proceeds from your pen order are used to pay them for their hard work so we must ensure that the money is available to pay them. Therefore, we are unable to accept returns or offer refunds unless there is an actual defect with the product. These pens are checked multiple times before they are shipped out due to our high quality control standards. Please contact us immediately if there is a problem with your order so we can make it right. You will be asked to send pictures so we can better understand the issues you are having. We want you to be completely happy with your purchase and become one of our many repeat customers. However, changing your mind, not liking the imprint (unless it does not match your approved proof), and so on does not entitle you to a refund. For any approved returns, the customer is responsible for return shipping back to MARVA Workshop.
15. Questions. Feel free to email us at [email protected] with any questions.
Extra options available:
RUSH ORDER – $20 (usually printed and shipped the day AFTER we receive your payment and proof approval)
MAIL MERGE – $20 – Print from a list of different imprints (such as different names on each pen)
LOGO FEE – $35 (required if you want a logo imprinted)
CLIPART FEE – $10 – Add simple, limited clipart to imprint